Tuesday 14 July 2009

Me,TV aur Family...

Ok in this post I am going to write about my observations on ME, TV aur Family i.e. viewing any specific program with your family members.
I don’t know about others but in my case whenever there is any gross scene on TV like an UGLY looking Alien or Vampires or Anaconda it is a rule that my mom has to pass by...and then she starts “how can you watch such a thing ...it’s so gross...you are a girl...how can you watch so much violence”!!! And then there are cases too when your parents join you to watch the TV and at that precise moment there is a scene of people kissing each other (and it will not be any ordinary kissing scene... Kissing till the other person chokes to death) and you are squirming and start hopelessly searching for the remote control and by the time you find the remote, the scene is over and you are thanking the lords...
Whenever my brother is around its only sports channel ... I hate circket and cant stand Soccer (my brother eats,drinks and sleeps Soccer) so u can image my plight... Its only during Formula 1 or if a good movies is going on that we watch TV together.My Dad is a fan of News Channel (there are so many news channel these days and if that is not enough he likes Aastha channel too) So if there is no news then its Aastha...My mom is fan of Surya channel and ETV Marathi... she has also fixed her timings ie between 7.00 pm to 8.30pm no one should ask for the remote :-(
But I have observed it can be great fun to watch movies with the people you know for example when my old neighbour aunty comes around (she doesn’t understand Hindi) she would be like what happened what did the hero say ..why is she crying.... and we would tell her the meaning of each scene .Also whenever any fight scene would start i couldn’t stop giggling ie bcos my aunty would make noise be like woa woa and say "why r they hitting him ...its so painful... "
Also I enjoy the comments my mom passes... to day I was deeply engrossed in a program wherein they were giving a plain jane a makeover and doling out tips so that we, the viewers could look fab and groomed for an evening party... The beauty therapist(BT) was explaining the procedure whereas her assistant was applying the goo on the girl... tumcha dole “aprateem” dishnaaara...smoky look... nasheeleeeeeee ...these terms were repeated by the BT again and again ...my mom got so fed up she sniped“if they really want nasheele eyes then why don’t they make her drink ...there is not need to apply all this junk... And when finally the make over was complete the poor girl was a perfect example of how-not-to-look, my mom promptly pointed out that she looks like a witch, which I have to agree she did.

2 comments:

Sen said...

@ Div...tell me about it :)

Paccashanna said...

well I have no complains against u...by the time u come home ...m asleep...