Wednesday 31 December 2008

6 things about our childhood adventure

Now that Sen has tagged me...well m writing about 6 things about our childhood ...

1)When we were kids mom used to usually treat us with home made ice cream...well she even does now (my mom is so cool even today she distributes ice cream in such a way that each one of us think we are given more than other ...hehehehe) so one day my elder sister said lets have a contest ... lets see who finishes the ice cream the fastest (wherein the person who comes first will be peacock ,second Koyal and the last one will be crow) ... my younger brother being in a real competitive spirit became peacock ...then me Koyal... We look at my sister who is nicely licking at the spoon and her plate was full of ice cream (in short woh humko jala jala kar kha rahe thi )...both me and my brother looked at her and her plate (full with ice cream) and each other and complained ... two things we learned that day ... no competition between siblings and second being the eldest has its disadvantages too... mom scolded my sister and gave me and my bro second helping of ice cream hehehehe...

2)When Dad brought our first oven ,my mom used to bake cakes ... lots of cakes... one day my brother kept asking for more and more pieces of cake ,mom was glowing with pride ("my son loves the cakes which I have baked "-mom thinking) and then he said it...."aapka cake crow logoko bahut aacha laga"... it was later we realised that he distributed the cakes to the crows and needed more pieces as there were more crows to feed...

3)We loved our magic plate... it had properties of cooling tea/milk in less time ...my sister was the one who was most obsessed with the magic plate ...it was much much later we realised that mom had coined the term magic plate so that we would drink our tea/milk without creating any scene or any fuss...

4)Well the event which I am writing now used to occur every twice a year (without fail) i.e when we were in school...I was good in drawing also I was (actually still am )very early sleeper and just before I would go to sleep my brother would come to me saying "Akka ,will u do some drawings and complete my drawing book for me?I have my exams".(that is the only time he used to call me akka).I would say sure i would do it tomorrow and he would say tomorrow 5th and -6th (ie around 10.30 am) period is my drawing exam.So i would be awake till 1. 00 am painting rainy day / Independence day/Ganesh Chaturthi /Diwali etc etc and yelling at my brother at the same time...

5)Every summer holiday we used to take out Kitchen set and cook actual food ... well it would be disaster cooking i.e imagine 8-9 yr old girls cooking along with their barbie toys ...we used to take 3 bricks and make a stove and adjust and cook ...it was so much fun...once even I took part...I was only 5 yrs old then I made RASNA (I was not allowed to use fire) ...By the time Sen and all completed their cooking .... I had already boiled my Rasna (as a fly had been swimming in it as I did not cover it)

6)When I was a kid I was a Home technical device disaster...I mean whatever I touched would stop working .Radio ,video,video games were the most frequent tools which would stop working as soon as I touched...however now things have changed ...Nowadays I (try to) fix the printer in my office without bothering the IT support .I have learnt solution to any PC or technical problem is restart your PC :-)...

7 comments:

Sen said...

@ Div...good one...Home technical device disaster...you sure had the "touch"...I particularly remember the stainless steel cupboard handle that you managed to break...hehehe

vinny said...

hmmmm..so paccashaana was a little brat too!!
do u remmeber us making chairs, sofas, tables out of discarded match boxes? we somehow also managed to make the potty !!
nice tag..now i know how u managed to answer tough questions even when u didnt know the answers :) :)

Anonymous said...

childhood days are such fun!! ... you made me go down the memory lane as well

Paccashanna said...

@ Sen
Even I dont know how i managed it

@ Vinnie
yeah Vinnie I agree...u had a think with match boxes ... do u remember v used to collect colourful artifical diamonds(from sand I dont recollect the name of that sand )

@RJ
M tagging u
Now u write about 6 memorable Childhood adventure

Suren said...

hi div ... u want me to write in the blog? ... maybe i will send u a mail.

Suren said...

Well .. i was not sure if this warrants a seperate post so i decided to add this as a comment to your post ... the six childhood experiences that immediately come to my mind ....
1. We had a "chakki" in one of the shops in our building. I along with my friends used to do lot of masti with the "chakki-wala". I used to love the smell of "atta" and used to venture into the "chakki" and play with the "atta" when the "chakka-wala" was busy. As soon as he sees me, he used to chase me out and i would run at a top speed. He had a small kid and i used to bully him a lot.
2. One game which i really used to like is hide-and-seek. The building used to have low boundaries and we used to run from one building to another. Sometimes the "gurkha" of those buildings used to chase us. I used to sometimes fall and hurt myself while running and get caught at times. We used to play all kind of rustic games - lagori, dabba express, viti-danda, marbles (my dad used to hate it) and some others (i can't recollect the names now)
3. I think this is something i will never forget .. my dad used to teach me cycling. i had one particular session, which turned really bad. i had a bad fall, with the entire skin over my knees peeling off. it was bleeding profusely and i got the scare of my life and i told daddy that i will never touch a cycle again. God knows how he convinced me later on and i eventually learnt cycling.
4. I still remember the winter mornings on Sundays which used to be really lazy and used to curl up to dad under the blanket and the warm and cozy feeling that i used to get is still fresh in my mind.
5. There used to be a vada-pav stall outside our school. I used to love its aroma and used to save some money to grab a bite every few days. On other days, i used to roam around the place, after school, to be able to sniff the smell.
6. I still miss the experience of playing cricket on the streets, hitting those huge sixes, cheating and fighting and breaking window-panes. Once a window-pane is broken the street used to wear a deserted look and then everyone used to slowly come out and play again ... haha ... it was so damn crazy.
thanks div for making me write this ... its good fun really to even think of those things now .. some are still vivid in my mind.

Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

this was a very very nice post. loved peeping into your childhood memories.