Friday 12 December 2008

Gone in 60 secs...

Ok ...after reading Sen's Mr Briefed and Vin's Mr Red eyes post now I am inspired to write my story which starts and ends in 60 secs :0)... This incident took place 2 yrs back...
Day 1 (2 yrs ago)
My mom tells me someone will come to see you in the office ...your cousin called blah blah ...(why office ?I think ... so that the entire office will know I have an alliance ... of course that's why ... and they get one more chance to pull my leg ...ok so this is my first official proposal...meaning meeting someone in person...) I just nod my head and say ok...
Day 15 (2 years ago)
Today come what may I have to finish the reporting in an hour which has to go to the top mgmt...and this stupid cold ...I cant breathe properly..I have been working hard on this report for the past 4-5 days no proper meal ,no sleep and at any cost this report should go,plus I have my routine work...but i know i can handle this .
Just then my super boss passes by (back of my mind I can hear the JAWS music ie when the shark arrives ...yes that music comes to my mind automatically whenever she is around..."U remember right" she tells me ...the music getting louder... "yes mam...it will be on your table soon" I say in a croacky voice ...shit this cold ...
My phone rings... the security ..."Madam aapko S bahar bula rahe hai? " ..I say Ok... S from Audit and compliancewala... what work does he have ...did I not submit any report...does he have any problem with draft report ...
I come out and look around ...no sign of S... I ask security ...he replies points at a person "ji yeah S"...I look around to see a well dressed guy,neatly combed hair with tie and all ...
Count down start 60secs...
I go ahead ..He says "Hi m S ...hope u were informed about me" ... i stare at him blankly ... "I think your cousin must have spoken about me coming to meet u"... flash back to day one mom saying something about meeting...office...alliance...
45 secs "Ohhh yeah !!!I reply in croacky voice ... (I forgot ...shit ...)
40 Secs "Ok !!!He says I had some work nearby ... so came around...so can we go around for lunch now "
30 secs " Actually no I have some important work and its not possible" I reply in croacky voice ...
He looks at me ...I know m not dressed for the ocassion and he looking at me, is not making this any easier...m not prepared for this....and icing on the cake... my big red nose thanx to the cold...
10 secs ...Ok I will give you a call...bye ...
3...2...1...0 he is gone...

I head straight to the ladies room...on the way met my colleague asking "who was that?" loudly on purpose...I smile saying he wanted me to open an account in his bank...
Once in the ladies room...shiviring ...what happened just now....
First I clean my nose so that I can breathe... then look at myself in the fulllength mirror... look at me...I m a total mess... my hair tied into a knot... wearing a dress which is not altered ... no sign of make up...

I go to my desk... and call home... my mom yelling at me ..."what is wrong with ur cell...is it not working ...I have been trying to get in touch with u...blah blah blah... I look around ... JAWS talking to someone and i can hear the music loud and clear.... (my report ...it has to go...) "Ok Mom will call you soon...by the way S was here the guy about who cousin was talking about... meeting was ok...he said he would call me ( atleast this will stop the yelling for sometime...I really feel bad for her... she has high hopes...)

Present Day
And for the record still not received that call...

3 comments:

Sen said...

@Div...good one...JAWS...hehehe

vinny said...

hmmmm....u too!!
more interesting than our encounters:)

Suren said...

well written ... and yes funny too ... :-) ... "JAWS" .. hmm ... interesting name!