Saturday 13 December 2008

Ms LM has shifted...

I am staring hard at my desktop...but out of the corner of my eye I can see them coming my way...but still I act like am engrossed in my work and am not paying any attention to them ...and then it happened ..."where are Ms LM and Ms AF? "...I look at them and say they have shifted next to the utlities room... over there (pointing at utilities room )... they say "Ohhhhhhhhhhh is it ?" and they are gone....
That was the 100th time I have repeated the same sentence in past 7-8 days...
Ms LM works in Admin and she is the sole incharge of disturbuting food coupons ...
Earlier we used to share the same bay (ie Admin and Nostro)...however 7-8 days back they moved to new bay leaving me to answer to all those poor souls with "No coupons no Food " look in their eyes...
The day they moved I was taken aback when a guy asked me for food coupons..."Do I look like a person from Admin?" I thought (but then its not his fault I dont have any board which says m not in ADMIN ...mayb he thought m in admin as we share the same bay) ... but then I told him politely "They have shifted next to the utlities room... over there" (pointing at utilities room )

Since that day I have been answering all the people with "No coupons no Food " look they have shifted next to the utlities room... over there (pointing at utilities room )
I even tried few techniques like staring at the pc so that they don't come near me, sometimes getting up from my place or getting engrossed in reading some hardcopies of some files I dont need in first place or acting like I have not seen or heard them ... I even told Ms LM to send a general e-mail to all the people in the floor (we have around 900 people working in our floor) about them moving to a new bay (but she didnt send one ...I dont know why)
The people with "No coupons no Food " look would think its my duty to reply them and would go without saying thank u or anything ... those good souls who did I used to sliently say (taraki karoge)
When I am not around the same procedure was followed with our other team members ...we were really bugged ...somtimes i really enjoyed it though ...we would look at the people walk all the way 4-5 bays ahead/back us 2-3 times before coming to us asking for Ms LM... or use terms like aur ek bakara/bhatki aa gaya ... My manager used to pull our legs by saying why dont u guys actually take the responsibilty of disturbuting Food coupons and laugh at his own PJ(POOR JOKE)
And then one day I had it ...this guy came and asked for Ms.LM I replied him politely and the next moment I started working on something...my colleague saw what I was doing started laughing ...she said "u cant b serious ... this is not ur job"... but I had no option took a print out and pasted the printout on Ms LM ex-WS(work station)...the print out in BIG BOLD letters read
"Dear All,
Ms LM and Ms AF have shifted to near WS no 000 near the utlilites room"
The printout looked good and I was proud of it ...to add more art to it my colleague TS even drew an arrow pointing the utlitlies room (i felt so good i was tempted to write Script by DIV Art by TS ) ...and now we were waiting for some one to come ....pls come and read it ... but no one came (same thing happens when u need an auto u will never find one and when u dont need any 10-12 will be dancing in front of u) and then he came ...looked around saw my printout and went staright to Ms LM....we were thrilled "Mission Accomplished"... we all said Taraki karoge (to the guy silently)
So when we all were in our good mood ,a batch of 2-3 more people came ...read the printout ...we were all beaming with pride ...she looked at me asked "where is the Utlilites room?"

:-(

As for me I had no option but to say "They have shifted next to the utlities room... over there" (pointing at utilities room )

3 comments:

Sen said...

@ Div...good one...

Vin said...

hahhahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaa
damn good yaar, very funny account!!!

Suren said...

hmmm ... a good read ... can't help remembering that one incident where a guy read your "direction" and when in exactly the opposite direction!